Abdominoplasty, which is popularly known as Tummy Tuck, is a cosmetic surgical procedure, which removes the excess fat under the skin of the stomach and provides a smoother and firmer aesthetic profile. Most people tend to attain a flat and well-toned abdomen by following a strict diet and exercise routine. However, a person may develop a loose and sagging belly due to several reasons.
Types of Tummy Tucks
- Standard Tummy Tuck: The regular or the standard tummy tuck is ideal for the people who want to flatten their abdomen entirely. During the regular tummy tuck, an incision is made between the hips and around the belly button. Then, the doctor removes the excess skin and tissues. After that, the surgeon drags the remaining skin and membranes over the stomach then repositions the belly button and finally closes the incisions.
- Mini Tummy Tuck: The Mini tummy tuck is limited to the abdomen below the belly button. The mini tummy tuck is ideal for those people who have a slender frame but have lower belly fat. This surgery involves the creation of a small horizontal incision under the belly button so that the surgeon can take out the excess fat and tighten the stomach muscles before closing the incision with sutures. In this surgical procedure, belly button repositioning is not required.
- Extended Tummy Tuck: The extended tummy tuck is ideal for the people who have excess skin from the abdomen to the flanks. It corrects the formation of side bulges. In it, the surgeon makes an incision along the lower thighs, stomach and pubic area. Then the abdominal muscles are tightened, and the incision is closed.
- Circumferential Lower Body Lift: This surgical procedure is used to remove the excess skin from the entire abdomen, hips and lower back. This surgery is used for tightening several abdominal muscles. Then, liposuction is used for the removal of fat from the lower body and hips. Finally, the surgeon repositions the belly button and then closes the incision.
Reasons for Sagging Abdomen
- Significant fluctuations in weight owing to certain medical conditions
- Hereditary factors
Ideal Candidates for Tummy Tuck
The ideal candidates for a tummy tuck include:
- Women who are not considering pregnancy in the future
- A person who is healthy and has a stable weight
- People who are bothered by the look of their abdomen
After undergoing the Cosmetic Weight Loss Procedure, you will be instructed on how to take care of yourself based on the surgical technique. The tummy tuck surgical technique differs according to the requirements of each.